Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Search Engine Wars

This post is not my creation, but rather an observation.

SEO is one of the new jobs on my head. So I did my own SEO analysis of my blog.

Here's the list of keyword that makes Google spider throw up my blog in the entries -

1. Bitchy blog (Jokes will not be appreciated, especially since my blog comes only in the third page ; )
2. supari.com
3. abhimanyu girotra (The regular drunk, who visits my blog irregularly.)
4. satan greeting card
5. satan keys manager
6. im gonna murder you (I take special credit for this one. It appears in 6th number, in first page :D)
7. ambuja cement mazboot cement (there are ONLY 2 results for this search. One is mine. The other is not Ambuja Cement.)
8. rahul ghandi - satanic (If Congressmen looked at this spelling, they will search the person and sue him/her)
9. drivar ne choda mujhe (Incredibly at 5th rank, despite the wrong spelling)
10. vodka for computers
11. what to say in a christmas card to your boss
12. christmas card to your boss
13. what to say on a birthday card to your boss
14. satan donkey
15. politicians satan
16. donkeys with horns

And here are a few interesting observation, presented unofficially in association with Alexa.

1. Indonesians LOVE forums. Filipinos LOVE games. Indians LOVE social networking.
2. Filipinos, I believe represents the biggest gay community, coz Guys4men.com appears at # 53 in Top 100 traffic rankings for Philippines.
3. Yahoo is the world's favouraite mail site.

ok, 'nuff said.

Now here is the killer discovery I made -

'Search engine' search in Google, doesn't show Google!

Here's a screenshot, to prove my point.


Not in the first page...but Google UK appears in Page 3, which is way below Yahoo, also in the 3rd page.

6 comments:

Dunbar the Earldom. said...

How dare you call me drunk? I drink only on days starting with T , Tunday, Tonday, Tuesday, Tednesday, Thursday, Triday and Taturday...hukk

Onloose.com, i no drink

swati said...

You drink only on days starting with 'T'...that is astounding :-o
I thought you drink only on 2 occassions...1 when it rains and second, when it doesn't rain :D

amna said...

love this widget! gonna use it on my blog. but is the loading time a tad too much, or is it my internet connection?

swati said...

Hi Nags!
Thanks for visiting.
Regarding the widget...I have checked it myself quite a number of times, but the time taken by Google comment box and this widget is the same.

It just seems longer :p

Dunbar the Earldom. said...

Dude I am famous:
I think because i stopped I stopped drinkning

http://epaper.timesofindia.com/Repository/ml.asp?Ref=VE9JQkcvMjAwOS8wOC8wNSNBcjAwMTAx&Mode=HTML&Locale=english-skin-custom

swati said...

What? That can't be you!
You are are 1001, whereas the dude, the Real Abhimanyu Girotra, is 26.

Come on yaar...you are just drunk...as usual!